September 28, 2018
this week finds me up in the attic again - headphones on, sticks in hand, attentive, focused, maybe even a bit obsessed?? i've got a lot of work to do, so i may be here a while...
it's episode 622.
i hope you'll listen.
- one more night (splitting, 2015)
- all grown up (latest in-process version w/drums, 2018)
- when it's over (songs for when you think you made a mistake, 2002)
September 21, 2018
in the attic
as mentioned in recent weeks, i'm in the midst of working out a process to record drums with my current batch of 2018 songs. i've yet to iron it all out, but episode 621 is a small glimpse into the progress i've made so far.
it's a short one - just me just checking in, sharing a few songs from the long-lost past, along with a new drum recording experiment.
i'm thankful you're here,
+ hope you'll join me.
- sometimes (songs for when you think you made a mistake, 2002)
- cold fusion (h-nd t- g-d, 2016, + sloppy scratch drums)
- parable of the talents (songs for when you think you made a mistake, 2002)
September 14, 2018
episode 620 is here, and finds me humbled (yet again) by the power that personal songwriting can have in our lives. perhaps more, by the stories we tell ourselves, how they change with time, how it's hard to know the whys or hows of any of it.
i wonder if any of us truly grasp how time changes us?
how experiences shape us,
what was inevitable v. our fault?
guilt, shame, insight, which is which?
the lines between them are usually hard to see.
- yellow leaf (deep, deeper, deepest, 2014)
- he's gonna be a heartbreaker (deep, deeper, deepest, 2014)
- steps (deep, deeper, deepest, 2014)
i hope you'll listen.
September 07, 2018
listen by listen
this week's podcast is a continued appreciation of the new album dragon and sheep from the band wykobe enz. it's a true honor to share these songs, and my heartfelt thanks go out, again, to patrick kobernus + the band for their generosity.
in posting, i'm particuarly struck by the strange feeling that experiences of meaning and connection can (at times, or often?) carry a kind of opposition within them.
to my mind, the best songs allow for layers of interpretation, complements, contradictions, fusions of feelings and ideas we wouldn't consider otherwise. i find a bit of all of this within this project, and it's helpful and exciting to discover it slowly. listen by listen.
it's episode 619.
i hope you'll join me.
wykobe enz - @ facebook
dragon and sheep - @ amazon
certainty - fixed, settled, dependable, reliable, indisputable.
surreality - irrational, unbelieveable, fanstastic.
- never give up (by wykobe enz)
- this love is surreal (by wykobe enz)
- in the stillness (by wykobe enz)