September 29, 2017
episode 570 finds me with three versions of a song about unrequited love. it's by no means anywhere near a perfect song, recording, or performance. but it feels quite right in this moment, nonetheless.
i'm thankful + happy you're here + hope you'll listen.
- old debts (acoustic demo)
- old debts (acoustic + bass)
- old debts (tentative final mix)
September 22, 2017
episode 569 features four concentric versions of the same song. the recording process feels like a mystery to me most of the time. i do wish i was better at it. but, my failings aside, the whole mix of what makes a song, or a feeling, work (or fall flat) is quite fascinating.
i'm too close to tell if this particular song gets it even close to right. but i hope so.
even more, i hope you'll listen!
there'll be more soon.
- withdrawal (acoustic demo)
- withdrawal (acoustic + bass)
- withdrawal (guitar + bass + organ)
- withdrawal (tentative final mix)
thank you for being here, sincerely.
September 15, 2017
episode 568 revolves around inner conflicts that feel very natural.
partly, what do we do when those we love reject our deeply held beliefs?
can an idea survive that?
related, is how some feelings never go away.
tonight's songs are:
- swiss vacaction (demo, 2014)
- sad heaven (in-process, 2017)
- point & wave (pick yr battles ep, 2010)
i'm thankful you're here.
i hope you'll listen.
ps - this is the ex-mormon podcast i mentioned.
September 08, 2017
episode 567 features music from josh armerding. josh is one of my personal musical heroes, and one of the most influential people in my creative life. truth is, if not for josh, there's a good chance i wouldn't be here writing songs, podcasting (or typing this, for that matter).
thankful doesn't say it adequately, but i am. sincerely.
i'm out + about + a bit busy these days, + hopeful things will settle with more time soon. in the interim, i'm very happy you're here, + hope you'll listen + enjoy.
tonight's songs are:
- senseless (by josh armerding)
- what if (new recording, by me)
- where you jump off (by josh armerding)
there'll be more soon!