November 30, 2018
the heart of tonight's podcast is anchored by a song i feel good about.
feelings can be hard to make sense of,
and it feels good to stumble on moments that help move us forward,
or portray an element of a truth you can't otherwise explain, or
i hope you know what i mean.
i'd love it if you'd share episode 631 with me.
- i don't wanna be happy (no more), [night beach, 2011]
- crescent city, [2018 demo]
- i been dreaming, [2015 demo of a 2007-ish?? song)
November 23, 2018
episode 630 has landed.
it's me + a few songs + some thoughts about gratitude.
thanksgiving is good thing.
i hope you'll listen.
- a true story of astonishing luck (night beach, 2011)
- * (pick yr battles, 2010)
- outrageous & austere (lost demo, 2014)
November 16, 2018
episode 629 centers around a few songs of regret, loss, love, so on.
i imagine most of us relate to feeling caught between impossible choices, where right and wrong twist into inseparable circles, where it's both and neither, or who knows?? somewhere in-between, i guess.
memories like that can haunt us.
they do me, anyway.
if you can, i hope you'll join me.
- sanchez & 29th (splitting, 2015)
- dragonfly (lost demo, 2015)
- all i know's i got it wrong (lost demo, 2013)
November 09, 2018
episode 628 centers around my appreciation for the artist-musician yoko ono, and her new just-released album titled "warzone." as mentioned, i'm aware that much of culture doesn't hear yoko as i do. i think i understand (mostly) why that is... and yet, even if that's you, i hope you'll maybe give her another chance???
this is - yoko ono
the album - warzone
read - a review
the book - grapefruit
new song - now or never
now or never - original 70's version
new song - it's gonna rain (my favorite!!)
it's gonna rain - original 80's version
new song - i love all of me
i love all of me - original 80's version
the iconic - imagine (yoko's new-solo version)
i hope you'll take a listen.
- friends (cat eyes, 2016)
- love is something you can do all on yr own (deep, deeper, deepest, 2014)
- the problem is i want it all (lip service, 2013)
November 02, 2018
welcome to november! the end of the year is nearly upon us, and i'm continuing to work through final mixing + mastering of my still-in-progress 2018 songs.
in-between, episode 627 is here - it's me + a lost demo from the past + a few forgotten unfinished songs from this (just recently) past september.
i'm thankful you're with me,
+ hope you'll listen.
- there are real reasons (long-lost demo, 2012)
- beaker (soon-to-be-lost demo, 2018)
- however (demo, september 2018)